What We Do
Dual Language Education Programs are highly successful in developing bilingual/biliterate students, who are high academic achievers and best prepared culturally for a growing global community.
Dual Language Education of New Mexico’s mission is to develop, support, and advocate for high-quality dual language education in New Mexico, and beyond.
DLeNM is committed to supporting partner school communities and LEAs in the development, implementation and sustainability of PreK-12 Dual Language Education, as represented by the four strategic goals of DLeNM’s Strategic Plan:
- Advocate for dual language programs
- Build instructional leadership capacity for dual language education
- Develop a program evaluation framework for internal and external uses
- Support the advancement of dual language education research
Essential to DLeNM’s success, is collaboration with like-minded partner organizations:
- The Center for the Education and Study of Diverse Populations – NM Highlands
- The New Mexico Association for Bilingual Education
- The Coalition for the Majority, and
- The W.K. Kellogg Foundation . . . to mention just a few.
DLeNM’s national network of collaborators is extensive, and you can meet them each year, at the La Cosecha Conference.
Final pricing is negotiated with members of DLeNM Leadership Team when preparing proposals for identified work with partner school communities.