DLeNM’s El Enriquecer™ is a two-day self-evaluation planning retreat designed for leadership teams from existing dual language programs to reflect on their current foundations, structures and practices in order to identify next steps.
Facilitators guide leadership teams through the process of action planning to strengthen and improve specific areas of program implementation based on using the Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education.
The goal is for school teams to leave El Enriquecer™ with a clear idea of where their program is with respect to best practices and the next steps they need to take in fostering continuous improvement and sustainability of their program. Participants will have the opportunity to study a number of concrete examples and tools for immediate use back at the school site.
El Enriquecer™ Program Planning Retreats include:
- A review and recommitment by your leadership team to dual language essentials, the foundational basis and knowledge of program research, effective design and important non-negotiables.
- Reflection and self-assessment of current practices in relation to The Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education.
- A review and refinement of key documents that define the purpose and structure of the program.
- Reflection on the program’s current sheltering strategies, collaboration opportunities, program assessments and professional learning strategies.
- A closer look at leveraging community support in the promotion and advocacy for your program.
- Opportunities for in-depth discussions, guidance from experts, and examples from other effective programs.
- Deliberate action planning to nurture the continued growth toward program excellence.
Scheduling a Retreat:
Based on the needs of your community, we can tailor our facilitation to address specific areas of concerns or provide extra information, examples or support. We strive to ensure that the work you put in today has a lasting effect in the sustainability and success of your program. Planning retreats are typically scheduled at least three months in advance. If you would like more information or want to schedule a retreat for your school/district, please contact:
Michael Rodríguez, Director of Operations
505-243-0648 (ext. 112)